Things I’ve Blogged
ASP.NET Core MVC Anatomy (Part 1) – AddMvcCore – Dissecting and understanding the internals of ASP.NET Core MVC. In this post I looked at what the AddMvcCore extension method to the IServicesCollection does.
ASP.NET Core Anatomy (Part 2) – AddMvc – Dissecting and understanding the internals of ASP.NET Core. In this post I looked at what the AddMvc extension method to the IServicesCollection does.
Things I’ve Learnt
Debugging ASP.NET Core with csproj
This is something I’ve been checking into from time to time. I’ve been a heavy user of the ability global.json gave us in VS 2015 to debug into ASP.NET Core assemblies. Especially to help with my current ASP.NET Core Anatomy series. With the move back to csproj in VS 2017 we no longer have a global.json file to identify the projects we want to load source from. This was touched on in the ASP.NET Community Standup this week. Damian Edwards confirmed they are hopefully working on a solution, but at the moment there is no easy way to do this. With some ceremony it might be possible since the ASP.NET team themselves need to do this to develop the product. I’d love to be able to get my hands on a fairly simple set of instructions to enable this again.
Things I’ve Read
- CQRS in Azure – Part 1 by chilberto
- Event stores and event sourcing: some practical disadvantages and problems by Ben Morris
- Event Sourcing and Snapshots by Jonathan Oliver
- Error handling: Exception or Result? By Vladimir Khorikov
- Functional C#: Handling failures, input errors By Vladimir Khorikov
- It’s a bug! It’s a feature! It’s… a limitation of the fundamental design of your test framework? by Dylan Beattie
- MVC CRUD Actions Using KnockoutJS by Sibeesh Venu
- Event sourcing revisited by Gabriel Schenker
- Gist – How .NET Standard relates to .NET Platforms by David Fowler
- Asp.Net Core Error Management With Elmah.Io by Damien Bowden
- Why Your Next Web Site Should Be A Progressive Web Application by Chris Love
- DNC Magazine – Issue 29
Things I’ve Listened To
- .NET Rocks – Proto.Actor with Roger Johansson
- .NET Rocks – Moon Base Geek Out
- Windows Weekly 509 – Gongs R Us
- Hanselminutes – Feedback Driven Design with Windows 10